|Easy, cheap make-ahead salad dressing recipes?
||[Sep. 27th, 2011|12:17 pm]
cheap vegan eats
Does anyone have favorite salad dressing recipes to share? I'm looking for something that I can make a lot of that will keep in a the fridge for a week or two. My go-to is balsamic vinegar, olive oil, spicy brown mustard, and agave nectar, poured into a jar and then adjusted until it tastes right. But that gets a little boring several days a week. I have all the basic oils and vinegars as well as some of the fancier ones (and some miso I could stand to use up, if there are any ideas for that), and I know there must be some great combinations out there that I have tried yet.|
Cross-posted to vegrecipes
My all-tie favourites:
1. Mustard and tahini - AMAZING. Prepare tahini and add mustard according to your spicy-ness preference.
2. mustard-date syrup - eqal ammounts of both
3. Soy sauce with date syrup - equal ammounts of both.
4. Tahini with sweet chilli sauce - so very, very good. Prepare tahini and add plenty of the sweet sauce.
. 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
• 2 Tablespoons of Lemon Juice
• 1/2 Teaspoon Sugar
• 1 1/2 Teaspoon Dijon Mustard
• 1/4 Teaspoon Braggs
• 1/4 Teaspoon Lemon Pepper
This is supposed to be a greek style dressing i just found the recipe for that i want to try out! Also I second the tahini dressing idea!
aside from the brilliant recipes above,
- avacado oil
- miso paste
- fresh garlic
- balsamic vinegar OR lemon
- mustard seeds (they soften and add a wonderful texture)
throw some herbs up in there! I used to make dressing every day out of olive oil, lemon juice, and italian herbs. It wasn't bad.
Use sesame oil in place of olive, sprinkle in sesame seeds and either garlic or ginger for an Asian themed dressing.
Also, equal parts soy sauce and maple syrup plus a touch of mustard, ginger, and garlic with a little pepper. Works great as dressing and marinade.